The most common materials of plastic cups are PP, PV, and PC. These materials are marked with corresponding numbers from 1 to 7 in the triangle at the bottom of the cup. These numbers indicate what material the plastic cup is made of, but also a product Instructions for use and safety signs.
"01" is best to throw away after drinking
"01" stands for PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which is most commonly used to make bottled beverages such as mineral water and carbonated drinks. Beverage bottles made of this material cannot be filled with hot water. They are only suitable for warm or frozen drinks. They are easily deformed when they are filled with high-temperature liquids or heated, and substances harmful to the human body can be dissolved.
"02" is not recommended as a water-holding utensil, heat-resistant 110℃
"02" stands for HDPE (High Density Polyethylene). Plastic containers containing cleaning products and bath products or plastic bags commonly used in shopping malls are mostly made of this material. It can withstand a high temperature of 110 ℃, if it is made into a cup and marked for food, it can be used to hold food.
"03" can not be heated, heat resistance 81℃
"03" stands for PVC (polyvinyl chloride), which is commonly found in raincoats and plastic films. Plastic products made of this material are prone to produce two toxic and harmful substances: one is the monomolecular vinyl chloride that is not fully polymerized during the production process, and the other is the harmful substances in the plasticizer.
These two substances are easy to precipitate when encountering high temperature and grease. If they enter the human body accidentally, they are likely to cause cancer. Therefore, it is rarely used in cup production. If you buy a plastic cup of this material, do not let it heat up.
"04" Over 110℃ will cause hot melt phenomenon, heat resistance 110℃
"04" means LDPE (low-density polyethylene), a raw material for cling film and plastic film, and has low heat resistance. Qualified PE plastic wrap will melt when the temperature exceeds 110℃, leaving some plastic preparations that cannot be decomposed by the human body. If the food is wrapped outside and heated at the same time, the fat in the food will more easily dissolve the harmful substances in the plastic wrap.
"05" can be reused after careful cleaning, heat resistance 130℃
"05" stands for PP (polypropylene), which is the only material that can be heated in a microwave oven, so it becomes the raw material for making microwave lunch boxes. High temperature resistance of 130℃, melting point as high as 167℃, poor transparency, can be reused after careful cleaning.
It should be noted that some microwave plastic cups are made of No. 05 PP, but the lid is made of No. 06 PS. PS has good transparency but is not resistant to high temperatures, so it cannot be placed in the microwave together with the cup body. Before heating the cup in the future, don't forget to remove the lid first.
"06" Do not directly heat the bowl of instant noodle box, heat-resistant 100 ℃
"06" is PS (polystyrene), which is used to make bowls of instant noodle boxes, foam snack boxes, and disposable cups. It can not be used to contain strong acids (such as orange juice) and strong alkaline substances, because it will decompose polystyrene (carcinogen) which is not good for humans. Although it is heat-resistant and cold-resistant, it also releases chemicals due to high temperatures. Therefore, do not directly heat the bowl of instant noodle boxes in the microwave.
"07" Use caution to avoid "bisphenol A" Heat resistance: 120℃
"07" stands for PC and other types of PC. It is a material that is used in large quantities. It is mostly used to make milk bottles and space cups. It is controversial because of its toxic bisphenol A. In theory, as long as bisphenol A is 100% converted into a plastic structure in the process of making PC, it means that the product is completely free of bisphenol A, let alone released. However, no plastic cup manufacturer can guarantee that bisphenol A has been completely converted, so you need to pay attention to it during use: do not heat during use, do not expose it to direct sunlight; do not use dishwasher or dishwasher to clean the kettle; the first time Before use, wash with baking soda powder and warm water, and dry naturally at room temperature; if the container is broken or damaged, stop using it immediately, and avoid repeated use of the aging plastic cup.