Is pp plastic cup poisonous

Update:22 Jan 2021

Is pp plastic cup poisonous?
The pp plastic water cup is made of polypropylene, which is another excellent resin variety developed after nylon. It is a linear polymer with high density, no side chains, and high crystallinity. When it is not colored, it is white translucent and waxy. Non-toxic, overall, pp plastic cups have superior performance.

The pp plastic cup has good heat resistance, and the product can be sterilized at a temperature above 100°C, and will not deform at 150°C without external force. The embrittlement temperature is -35℃. Embrittlement will occur below -35℃. The cold resistance is not as good as polyethylene. The melting temperature of polypropylene is about 40-50% higher than polyethylene, about 164-170℃, 100%, etc. Regularity polypropylene.

The pp pellets are natural color, cylindrical particles, smooth and clean. The size of the particles is 2mm~5mm in any direction, odorless, non-toxic, and free of mechanical impurities. PP plastic is polypropylene plastic, which is non-toxic and will not harm the human body. The processing temperature of the cup made of polypropylene is 180℃~240℃, so boiling water will not decompose it, so there is no need to worry about the precipitation of toxic substances such as bisphenol A in boiling water. The high-quality pp plastic cup that has passed the inspection standard is not Toxic, you can use it with confidence.



Which cups are not suitable for drinking water
1. Disposable cups
Sometimes we will prepare some disposable paper cups or plastic cups when we go out, because these cups are more convenient and light to carry. However, this kind of paper cups is a safety hazard from the perspective of hygiene, because if it is a substandard product, we It can't be distinguished, and the paper cup contains a large amount of fluorescent agent, which is a carcinogen, so try not to use it.

2. Plastic cup with inappropriate material
Some people like to use plastic cups. They think they are light and will not break when dropped on the ground. In fact, if you use plastic cups, it is also dangerous. Because there are plasticizers in plastics, especially inferior plastic water cups, they will contain toxic chemicals. If they come into contact with boiling water, this toxic substance will be diluted into the water and endanger your health.

3. Water cups with rich colors
Nowadays, there are a lot of colorful and colorful water cups in shopping malls. This type of cup is really attractive, but these pigments contain health risks. This color is generally painted on the inside of the water cup. When exposed to acid or alkaline When the object is tall, it is easy for some metal elements such as lead to dissolve in the water, thus endangering health.