Can plastic cups be heated in the microwave
Microwave ovens are commonly used household appliances. Many people especially like to drink hot milk and hot juice. Therefore, they would like to ask, can plastic cups be put in microwave ovens? If you want to heat plastic cups in a microwave oven, you must be vigilant. Not all plastic cups can be put in a microwave oven.
Ordinary plastics, especially colored plastic cups, will decompose toxic substances when exposed to high temperature, which is harmful to human health. The plastic cup that can be put in the microwave oven is made of PP, namely No. 5 polypropylene, which can withstand high temperatures of 200 ℃ and can be used. Heat in the microwave, but do not put it in the oven. Of course, it would be better if there is a special microwave oven heater.
Before considering whether to put the plastic cup in the microwave oven, you can first look at the triangle logo and number on the bottom or side of the plastic cup. If the number is 5, you can put it in the microwave oven for heating, and don't put the others. Another point to note is that for some microwave lunch boxes, the box body is indeed No. 5 PP, but the lid is No. 1 PE. Because PE is not resistant to high temperatures, it cannot be placed in the microwave together with the box. To be safe, remove the lid before placing the glass in the microwave.
Is heating a plastic water cup harmful?
1. Some chemical substances will precipitate after the plastic cup is heated
Although the surface of the plastic looks smooth, it actually has many voids, which can easily contain dirt. In the office, most people only rinse the cups with clean water, and the cups cannot be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
2. Plastic cups are easy to breed bacteria
The cup is affected by static electricity such as computers and cabinets, which will attract more dust, bacteria, and germs, which will affect health over time. The editor of maigoo suggested that office workers who use plastic water cups should have a lid for the cup and not close to computers and other electrical appliances. They should also maintain indoor air circulation and open windows for ventilation to let dust go with the wind.
3. The plastic space cup is harmful
The biggest problem in plastic bottles is the space cup. Many people use the space cup to make tea. The temperature is high and BPA is easy to release. "In fact, you should also pay attention to the space cup. This is very dangerous." As for drinking water barrels and mineral springs. Do not worry too much about plastic products used at room temperature such as buckets and mineral water bottles. These drinking water bottles generally do not need BPA, and most of them are used at room temperature. Also pay attention to mineral water bottles that are too transparent, they may also contain bisphenol A. If the mineral water bottles are as transparent as glass, be careful.